Fun facts from this year’s State Fair School Supply Drive:
- We collected and sorted over $39,000 worth of school supplies
- Fairgoers and community partners donated over 19,500 individual items
- All the supplies weighed in at 5,700 pounds–that’s the same as one hippopotamus!
On September 6th and 7th, over 100 volunteers collected, sorted, counted, and packaged supplies to go to kids in high-needs communities across the state. We’re so grateful to our affiliate network and the community volunteers who helped make this possible–in partnership with you, we’re excited to see these supplies help students start the school year strong!
We gratefully acknowledge these community partners in our network, who donated time, energy, and school supplies to this year’s drive:
- Brown & Brown
- WGU Washington
- US Bank
- HomeStreet Bank
- First Presbyterian Church
- Kaiser Permanente
- Federal Way Coalition Against Trafficking
- Moms Demand Action – Renton
- United Way of King and Pierce County
- National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA)
- Farmers Insurance
Miss this year’s drive? It’s not too late to make an impact for kids. Join us on our mission to empower students to stay in school and achieve in life, and make a donation today.