Communities In Schools of Washington is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website strives to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 and Section 508 website standards. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities.
We have implemented many accessibility-related features including:
- Training site editors to use appropriate alternate text and HTML headings
- Large high-contrast body text that supports browser zooming
- Semantic HTML5 markup that uses:
- “Skip to Content” and “Skip to menu” links
- Keyboard-accessible navigation and website search functionality
- Screen-reader-friendly “Read More” links
While Communities In Schools of Washington is working to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of web accessibility. In the meantime, if you experience any difficulty in accessing a Communities In Schools of Washington website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-248-1991.