Join us to keep Washington students in school and on track to graduate. There are many ways to share your time and talent, and make a difference in the life of a young person:
- Mentor: Just one hour a week provides a positive influence, encouragement, and hope for young people trying to overcome challenges.
- Tutor: Students can make great strides with extra academic support in reading and math.
- Community Partner: Individuals who work for agencies or businesses can be guest speakers, group facilitators, job shadow sponsors, and more.
- Board Member: Share your skills as a business and community leader, and help guide our organization, by joining the state board or an affiliate board of directors.
- Advocate: Reach out to elected representatives from your community about the importance and effectiveness of Communities In Schools’ dropout prevention work.
- General Volunteer: We always need volunteers to help with events, special programs, and other needs.
Learn more about volunteer opportunities available in each community by visiting the website of the affiliate nearest you. For a list of affiliate locations, scroll to the bottom of this page.