About the State Office
Driven by a belief that all students, regardless of circumstances, deserve the same opportunities to reach their potential, the CIS of Washington State Office supports 11 independent CIS affiliates who work with students inside K-12 schools across the state to remove barriers to school success. To fulfill our vision of a strong, collaborative network, the state office provides affiliates and emerging communities with capacity building expertise, resources, and tools to support their local efforts and ensure long-term sustainability.
Position Status: Exempt, Full Time (1.0 FTE) Occasional evening/weekends required with occasional in-state and national travel.
Location: Communities In Schools of Washington – State Office, Federal Way WA
Reports to: State Director
Benefits: Medical/Dental, Vacation, Sick, Holidays, Retirement (after one year)
Pay Range: Range $60,000 to $75,000 depending on experience
The Program Director’s primary responsibilities are to provide programmatic guidance, training/technical assistance and data management to support delivery of the CIS model of Integrated Student Supports. This description provides an overview of duties but is not intended to cover every requirement.
CIS Model Service Delivery Support (60% of workload)
- Maintain a commitment to social justice, promoting diversity and inclusion for all students.
- Identify needs and implement individual and state-wide strategies to strengthen service delivery.
- Convene affiliate program managers to strengthen their individual and collective capacity.
- Implement strategies which support data integration into service delivery and staffing decisions.
- Facilitate annual site coordinator convenings for professional development and networking.
- Support the implementation of innovative state/regional initiatives to address student needs.
- Work with CIS National to maintain awareness of changes with service delivery requirements.
- Train, support, and co-supervise site coordinators in emerging communities across the state.
Data Accountability and Compliance (40% of workload)
- Perform state-wide data verifications to ensure timely and accurate data throughout the year.
- Collate and verify end of year data to ensure thorough reporting.
- Provide data for state office as needed for communications and resource development.
- Work with CIS National regarding database concerns, recommendations, or updates.
- Support affiliate achievement of service delivery standards for national accreditation.
- Direct service delivery with children and youth experiencing barriers to success.
- Program management including staff oversight or supervision.
- Work with diverse populations including language, economic status, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.
- Data entry and data management for client demographics, service delivery, outputs and outcomes.
- Data driven decision making to support service delivery.
- Previous work with CIS or a similar school-based organization, a plus.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills; fosters collaboration and teamwork.
- Comfort and competency in a multi-cultural environment; able to work effectively with a variety of personalities and work styles.
- Works independently; manages priorities, adapts to emerging needs, meets performance objectives.
- Solutions focus; able to understand complex issues and develop creative and successful strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and comfort working with numbers and data.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth to support diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Passion to serve and make a difference in the lives of others.
For detailed job description and requirements, see PDF attachment below.
To apply, please email a cover letter with resume clearly detailing work experience and qualifications by 5:00 on February 26th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial interviews for qualified candidates will be held at the state office on March 4th, with second interviews for finalists held on March 6th.
CIS of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. We are successful because of the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees and have a clear vision to be where a diverse mix of talented people come together to utilize their strengths. Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected across our organization and is the foundational basis for our mission.